Chicken with roasted red onion and orange salad with mashed cauliflower
Here at Sun Basket HQ, we always get excited when the combination of rosemary, onions, and oranges is on the menu. The savory, sweet, and piney herbal flavors compliment each other surprisingly well.
- 1 red onion
- 2 navel oranges
- Fresh rosemary
- Flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¾ pound cauliflower
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup Kalamata olives (pitted)
Prep the vegetables
- Peel the onion and cut into thin, ¼ -inch-thick rounds.
- Cut one orange in half and then into ¼-inch thick half-moon slices.
- Peel the other orange and cut it into ¼-inch thick half-moons slices.
- Coarsely chop the rosemary leaves. Discard the stems.
- Coarsely chop the parsley leaves. Discard the stems.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Remove the core from the cauliflower and coarsely chop the florets.
Cook the cauliflower
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
Make the salad
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 570, Protein: 43 g, Total Fat: 29 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 18 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 105 mg, Carbohydrates: 37 g, Fiber: 8 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 690 mg