Eggplant involtini with Persian cucumber salad
These involtini have a delicate flavor and are quite simple to prepare. Sautéed eggplant slices make a delicious wrapper for the herbed ricotta filling, and our crisp cucumber salad is the definition of refreshing.
- 1 globe eggplant
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh mint
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- 1 to 2 shallots
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 ounces baby spinach
- 1 organic egg
- 1 cup ricotta
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the top and bottom of the eggplant and cut lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Chop the thyme and mint leaves.
- Cut the cucumbers lengthwise on a diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Peel the shallot and thinly slice.
Prepare the pumpkin seeds and involtini filling
- Zest and juice the lemon.
In a bowl, whisk the egg until blended. Stir in the ricotta, spinach, lemon zest, Parmesan, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook the eggplant
- Pat the eggplant dry.
Make the involtini
Make the salad
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 610, Protein: 29 g, Total Fat: 40 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 16 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 12 g, Cholesterol: 155 mg, Carbohydrates: 39 g, Fiber: 13 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 600 mg