Mediterranean beef kebabs with mint-pistachio relish
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving, 35 Minutes
Kebabs are one of Chef Justine’s favorite summertime meals, because they come together so easily, and can hold so much flavor. These contain chopped fresh mint, sun--dried tomatoes, and baharat, a classic spice blend. If you like cooking outdoors, they’re terrific grilled.
- ½ ounce sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 white onion
- Fresh mint
- 10 ounces ground beef
- Kebab spice blend (baharat - garlic powder)
- 1½ ounces pistachios
- 1 strip preserved lemon
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- ¾ pound cauliflower
- Fresh dill
- 6 wooden skewers
Prep the sun-dried tomatoes
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Season the meat and make the relish
- Coarsely chop the pistachios.
- Remove any pulp from the preserved lemon; finely chop the peel.
Make the cauliflower mash
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a bowl. Using a fork, mash until smooth. Alternatively, transfer to a food processor and process until smooth.
Stir in the dill and 1 tablespoon oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make the kebabs
In a grill pan or the same frying pan used for the cauliflower, warm 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the kebabs and cook until well-browned and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 720, Protein: 44 g, Total Fat: 48 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 29 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.5 g, Saturated Fat: 11 g, Cholesterol: 110 mg, Carbohydrates: 28 g, Fiber: 9 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 920 mg
Contains: tree nuts