Linguine with summer squash, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella
Vegetarian, Soy Free
20 - 30 Minutes
We’re getting a jump on summer with this colorful pasta dish inspired by the ingredients of the classic Italian caprese salad. Tossed with tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh basil and finished with summer squash, it’ll have you ready to set sail for the island of Capri.
- 5 ounces linguine
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 1 or 2 yellow squash
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- ¼ pound grape tomatoes
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- Fresh basil
- Fresh oregano
- 2 ounces baby arugula
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
Cook the linguine
While the water heats and the linguine cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup.
- Trim the ends from the squash; cut the squash into quarters lengthwise, then cut the quarters into 1½-inch-lengths.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the pasta
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Cut the mozzarella into ½-inch pieces.
- Strip the basil and oregano leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 740, Protein: 27g, Total Fat: 39g, Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 13g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Carbohydrates: 69g, Fiber: 7g, 28% Sugar: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 620mg
Contains: tree nuts, milk, wheat