Roasted chicken with sautéed asparagus and soft-cooked eggs
Chef Justine’s fail-proof 5-minute soft-cooked eggs always come out with a tender just-set white and a runny, golden yolk. Here, she shares a tip for adding a little baking soda to the cooking water. It increases the alkalinity of the water, making the eggs easier to peel.
- 2 organic eggs
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 lemon
- 6 ounces asparagus
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (optional)
- Two 6-ounce boneless skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
Cook the eggs
Prep the vegetables and herbs
- Pick the parsley and thyme leaves from their stems and finely chop the leaves.
- Juice half the lemon and cut the other half into wedges.
- Trim the root ends of the asparagus and onions.
Cook the chicken
- Combine the butter, if using, with the parsley and thyme. Season with salt and mix well.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Carefully lift the skin and spread the herb butter under the skin. If not using butter, tuck just the herbs under the skin.
Cook the asparagus and green onions
Transfer to a plate. Let the onions cool and then chop.
While the asparagus and onions cook, make the vinaigrette.
Make the vinaigrette
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 540, Protein: 46g, Total Fat: 36g, Monounsaturated Fat: 21g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 330mg, Carbohydrates: 10g , Fiber: 4g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 570mg