Steak and chermoula with roasted vegetables and pesto
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
We doubled down on the fresh herb sauces for this easy steak dinner. Toss our basil-walnut pesto with the roasted broccoli and tomatoes, and smear the tangy parsley and cilantro chermoula on the meat. If you have a grill—and the weather cooperates—you can cook the steaks outdoors. The broccoli and tomatoes can be cooked in a tablespoon or two of olive oil in a flameproof frying pan set on the grill.
- ½ pound broccoli crowns
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- Two 6-ounce top sirloin steaks
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- Chermoula spice blend (coriander - cumin)
- Sun Basket basil-walnut pesto (basil - walnuts - baby arugula - fresh garlic - olive oil - salt)
Roast the vegetables
- Cut the broccoli crowns into long florets.
While the broccoli and tomatoes roast, prepare the steaks.
Cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the chermoula and dress the vegetables.
Make the chermoula and finish the vegetables
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Zest and juice the lime.
In a medium bowl, toss the roasted vegetables with as much basil-walnut pesto as you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 840, Protein: 44g, Total Fat: 64g, Monounsaturated Fat: 45g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 85mg, Carbohydrates: 22g, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 630mg
Contains: tree nuts