Six Reasons to Love Sweet Potatoes
1. They help you chill out. Sweet potatoes are a good source of magnesium, the anti-stress mineral.
2. They make you look good. They’ve got lots of vitamin C, which aids in the production of collagen, which helps maintain the skin’s elasticity.
3. They keep you young. Their orange color means sweet potatoes are a good source of beta carotene, which protect against the negative effects of growing older.
4. They give you energy. Because their natural sugars are slowly released into the bloodstream, they offer a balanced source of energy, without the spikes in blood sugar, which can lead to fatigue.
5. They help you stay rested. Sweet potatoes aid in the production of melatonin, a hormone that regulates sleep patterns.
6. They can make you happy. A good source of vitamin D, which plays an important role in maintaining energy levels and moods.
Ready to fall in love with sweet potatoes? Here are five of Chef Justine's favorite ways to enjoy them.
La Mère—a Toast to Mother's Day
Forget the flowers and chocolates. Give mom what she really wants this Mother’s Day, a cocktail with her breakfast. Inspired by the classic French 75, this bubbly blend of sparkling wine, Lillet Rose (a delicate, fruity aperitif), and fragrant elderflower liqueur, the La Mère is a great way to say “thanks for all the years of picking up after me.”Read more