What does healthy mean to Sun Basket?
- All recipes are approved by our in–house dietitians to comply with the latest USDA dietary guidelines and most recent science-based nutritional recommendations.
- Meals are typically between 500–800 calories.
- Balanced meals emphasize organic produce, whole grains, high–quality protein, and good fats, with minimal added sugar and processed foods.
- At least one recipe per week will be certified by the American Heart Association's® Heart-Check Recipe Certification Program guidelines for a heart-healthy diet. These recipes will be indicated on the menu page with a Healthy Heart-Check symbol.
Top Quality Standards
- Sun Basket carefully screens our suppliers to select the highest quality produce available – alway snon–GMO and free of persistent and systemic herbicides and pesticides.
- Sun Basket strives to source organic produce 100% of the time. Currently over 99% of our produce is organic. We are a USDA-certified organic handler, and all organic ingredients are clearly labeled on delivery
- Mother Nature can be fickle. On the rare occasion that we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll let you know with a note in your basket.
- Our meats are responsibly raised and free of antibiotics and artificial hormones.
- We only source seafood that is recommended as Best Choice or Good Alternative by the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch® program.
- Our standards meet or exceed the standards of most natural grocery stores.
Did You Know?
You can now text us! Send a text to +1 408-669-4101 to get in touch with a member of Sun Basket Customer Support, click the Chat with an Expert button in the bottom right to chat, or click the Contact Us button below for phone and email.