BBQ meatloaf with roasted potatoes and green beans
30 - 40 Minutes
This no-frills meatloaf is comfort food at its finest. We make our own barbecue sauce to pump up the flavor, and use a blend of pork and beef to ensure it cooks up moist. If you don’t have a loaf pan, you can shape it into an 8-by-5-inch log and bake it free-form on a sheet pan. In case of leftovers, we have just two words for you: Meatloaf. Sandwich.
- 1 or 2 shallots
- Meatloaf spice blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 10 ounces new potatoes
- Fresh rosemary
- 5 ounces ground beef
- 5 ounces ground pork
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- ¼ cup whole wheat panko
- Sun Basket BBQ glaze (tomato paste - cider vinegar - Worcestershire - honey - molasses - garlic - salt - pepper)
- 6 ounces green beans
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
Cook the shallots
- Peel and finely chop the shallots.
While the shallots cook, prepare the potatoes.
Prep and roast the potatoes
- Scrub the potatoes; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
Assemble the meatloaf
- Cut off a small corner of the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate and pat dry with a paper towel. Repeat with the ground pork.
- Lightly grease an 8-by-5-inch loaf pan or a sheet pan.
Bake the meatloaf
While the meatloaf bakes, prepare the green beans.
Prep and cook the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans; cut the beans in half on the diagonal.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 760, Protein: 44 g, Total Fat: 38 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 25 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5 g, Saturated Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 200 mg, Carbohydrates: 64 g, Fiber: 8 g, Added Sugar (Clover honey, molasses): 11 g, Sodium: 860 mg
Contains: tree nuts, soy, wheat, eggs