BBQ meatloaf with garlicky greens and rosemary-roasted potatoes
30 – 45 Minutes
This no-frills meatloaf served with roasted potatoes and kale will satisfy all your comfort-food cravings.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- Meatloaf spice blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried oregano - dried thyme)
- 10 ounces organic red or gold new potatoes
- 2 sprigs organic fresh rosemary
- 5 ounces ground beef
- 5 ounces ground pork
- Sun Basket BBQ glaze (tomato paste - apple cider vinegar - maple syrup - molasses - vegan Worcestershire - fresh garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- ¼ cup whole wheat panko
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 bunch organic lacinato or other kale (about ½ pound)
Before shaping the meatloaf, test the seasoning of the meat mixture by cooking a tablespoon or so in a small frying pan over medium-high heat with a bit of oil on the stovetop.
Make It Ahead
The meatloaf mixture (Steps 1 and 3) can be made up to 1 day ahead. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the meat mixture overnight. The following day, continue with Steps 2 through 6. If baking from cold, add 5 to 10 minutes to the baking time.
If you’re tempted to peel the potatoes, remember what you’ll be taking away: along with flavor, many nutrients are contained in that thin outer layer. Potato skins hold more fiber and iron than the flesh does, not to mention protein, potassium, and magnesium. So consider putting down that peeler and scrubbing the spuds instead. You’ll save time, too.
Calories: 610, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 165mg (55% DV), Sodium: 560mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 56g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: (maple syrup, molasses): 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.