In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Braised chicken with mushrooms, artichokes, and almond-olive relish
Gluten-Free Friendly, Keto-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
This one-pan chicken dinner combines juicy chicken with luscious mushrooms and artichokes, topped with a briny almond-olive relish.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 organic lemon
- Chicken options:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- Sunbasket herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
Calories 520, Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 160mg (53% DV), Sodium 490mg (21% DV), Total Carb. 22g (8% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 42g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables and lemon
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise; cut any large mushrooms into quarters.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
Brown the chicken; cook the onion and mushrooms
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the chicken and cook, without turning, until browned on one side but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed.
Add the onion and mushrooms to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until the vegetables are lightly browned and starting to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
Finish the braise
While the chicken and vegetables simmer, prepare the almond-olive relish.
Make the almond-olive relish
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Coarsely chop the olives.
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lemon.
- Measure the water for the braise.
- Stir the almond-olive relish.
- Top the dish with the relish.