In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fennel and white bean flatbread with arugula pesto and ricotta
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
You can serve this ricotta-topped flatbread as a hearty vegetarian dinner for two or cut it into smaller slices for an easy hors d'oeuvre.
In your bag
- 1 organic fennel bulb (about 6 ounces)
- ¼ pound roasted red peppers
- 1 wedge preserved lemon
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1 large whole grain naan flatbread
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
- 3 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket arugula pesto (EVOO - arugula - walnuts - Parmesan - fresh garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories: 620, Protein: 20g (40% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 40mg (13% DV), Sodium: 1240mg (52% DV), Carbohydrates: 57g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: (roasted red peppers and flatbread contain added sugars): 2g (4% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients; toast the flatbread
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut the quarters lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; coarsely chop any large pieces.
- Remove any pulp from the preserved lemon; finely chop the peel.
- Rinse the white beans.
While the flatbread toasts, char the fennel and assemble the white bean mixture.
Cook the fennel; make the bean mixture
- Measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] sherry vinegar; save the rest for the salad.
In a medium bowl, stir together the roasted red peppers, preserved lemon, beans, and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] sherry vinegar; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble and bake the flatbread
While the flatbread bakes, finish the white bean salad.
Toss the white bean salad
- Rinse the beans.
- Make the bean mixture.
- Help assemble the flatbread.
- Toss the white bean salad.
- Dollop the pesto.