In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fennel and white bean flatbread with arugula pesto and ricotta
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Turn heads in your kitchen with this vegetarian masterpiece. For a showstopping meal, layer velvety ricotta, pan-seared fennel, roasted red peppers, and hearty white beans on toasted flatbreads.
In your bag
- 1 organic fennel bulb
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- 1 wedge preserved lemon
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1 Atoria’s Family Bakery large naan flatbread
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
- 3 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket arugula pesto (extra virgin olive oil - arugula - walnuts - Parmesan - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories 620, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 40mg (13% DV), Sodium 990mg (43% DV), Total Carb. 69g (25% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 13g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 19g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the flatbread ingredients; toast the flatbread
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut the quarters lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Coarsely chop any large roasted red pepper pieces.
- Remove any pulp from the preserved lemon and discard; finely chop the peel.
- Rinse the white beans.
On a sheet pan, place the flatbread and brush the top lightly with oil. Bake until lightly crisped, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the oven. While the flatbread is toasting, cook the fennel and prepare the white bean mixture.
Cook the fennel; assemble the bean mixture
- Measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] red wine vinegar; set aside rest for the salad.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the fennel, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring once, until starting to soften and lightly brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
In a medium bowl, stir together the roasted red peppers, preserved lemon, white beans, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] red wine vinegar; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble and bake the flatbread
Spread the ricotta evenly over the flatbread, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges. Top with the fennel and half the white bean mixture (set aside the rest for the salad). Bake until the flatbread is crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into wedges. While the flatbread is baking, finish the white bean salad.
Toss the white bean salad
To the bowl with the remaining white bean mixture, add the mixed greens and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil and toss to combine; season to taste with salt and pepper and as much of the remaining vinegar as you like.
Transfer the flatbread to individual plates and dollop with the arugula pesto. Serve with the white bean salad.
- Rinse the beans.
- Assemble the bean mixture.
- Help assemble the flatbread.
- Toss the white bean salad.
- Dollop the pesto.