In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken Marbella with pan-roasted olives, dates, and cauliflower
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 410 Calories/Serving
You’ll love the combination of flavors and textures in this easy one-pan dish—tender chicken breasts nestled in a sweet-tangy sauce of olives, dates, and capers.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1½ ounces pitted dates
- 1¼ ounces pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ pound organic cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Nutrition per serving
Calories 410, Total Fat 16g (21% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 1110mg (48% DV), Total Carb. 38g (14% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 31g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken browns, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Coarsely chop the dates, checking for any pits.
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
Cook the vegetables; finish the dish
Add the chicken broth, dates, olives, capers, and red wine vinegar or white wine (from your pantry) and nestle the chicken in the sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the cauliflower is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Check the dates and olives for pits.
- Time the cooking.
- Help serve the meal.