In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Wendy’s chicken paillard with spiced summer squash and tomato salsa
Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Paleo
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Cooking paillard-style might sound fancy, but it simply refers to meat that’s been pounded to an even thickness, and this juicy chicken version won’t disappoint.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic egg
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 organic red onion
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 organic yellow or other summer squash
- 1 teaspoon harissa powder (optional)
Calories: 570, Protein: 50g (100% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 200mg (67% DV), Sodium: 150mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the chicken
- Place the chicken on a large piece of plastic wrap and sprinkle the meat with a few drops of water. Cover with another piece of plastic wrap and pound with a rolling pin or a heavy frying pan to flatten to an even thickness of about ½ inch. Remove the plastic wrap, pat the chicken dry with a paper towel, and season with salt and pepper.
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. With a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the almond meal with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
Cook the chicken
Make the tomato salsa
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Coarsely chop the arugula.
In a medium bowl, stir together the onion, tomatoes, arugula, and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] balsamic dressing; season to taste with salt and pepper and more dressing, if desired. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the squash.
Prep and cook the squash
- Cut the squash lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 2-inch lengths.
- Season and spread the almond meal.
- Stir the balsamic dressing and tomato salsa.
- Top the chicken with the salsa.