In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken teriyaki with bok choy and coconut rice
4 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
The term teriyaki comes from the Japanese words teri, which means “shiny,” and yaki, which means “grilled.” A glaze of soy sauce, sake, and mirin traditionally gives the meat its luster. Here, a dusting of cornstarch helps give the meat color and thickens the sauce.
In your bag
- 1 cup basmati rice
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ½ pound broccoli florets
- ¼ pound cremini mushrooms
- 1 or 2 heads baby bok choy
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (optional)
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 3 ounces shredded carrots
- 1 navel orange
- Sun Basket teriyaki sauce base (gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - Shaoxing rice wine - honey - coconut sugar - fresh ginger - fresh garlic)
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the rice.
Prep the stir-fry vegetables
- Cut the broccoli florets in half lengthwise; cut any large florets into quarters.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy into 1-inch pieces.
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the garlic.
Prep the garlic; stir-fry the vegetables
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 2 teaspoons.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the teriyaki sauce.
Make the teriyaki sauce; finish the stir-fry
- Working over a small bowl, juice the orange (you should have at least ¼ cup juice); add the teriyaki sauce base and stir until blended.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Wash the broccoli and bok choy.
- Clean the mushrooms.
- Rinse the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the orange and prepare the teriyaki sauce.