In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chipotle shrimp and Cajun-spiced potato over romaine salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 350 Calories/Serving
Score a boatload of nutrients with this flavorful sheet pan meal featuring tender potato tossed in a supercharged blend of garlic, sweet paprika, thyme, and oregano.
In your bag
- 1 organic russet or other white potato
- Sunbasket blackening spice blend (granulated garlic - sweet paprika - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- Your choice of protein
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder (optional)
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 1 or 2 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
Calories 350, Total Fat 19g (24% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 200mg (67% DV), Sodium 240mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 25g (9% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 24g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the potato
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Scrub or peel the potato; cut the potato into ¼-inch pieces.
On 1 sheet pan, toss the potato with the blackening spice blend and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer and roast, stirring halfway through, until the potato is golden brown and tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare your protein.
Prep and roast your protein
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Drizzle with 2 to 3 teaspoons oil; season lightly with salt and as much chipotle chile powder as you like.
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Drizzle with 2 to 3 teaspoons oil; season with salt and as much chipotle chile powder as you like.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Drizzle with 2 to 3 teaspoons oil; season with salt and as much chipotle chile powder as you like.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel. Drizzle with 2 to 3 teaspoons oil; season with salt and as much chipotle chile powder as you like.
On another sheet pan, spread your protein in an even layer and roast, stirring halfway through, until the protein is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes for regular shrimp, steak, pork, tofu, or plant-based chicken; 8 to 10 minutes for jumbo shrimp or scallops; and 12 to 15 minutes for chicken. While your protein and potato are roasting, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
- Thinly slice the radishes.
In a large bowl, toss together the romaine, tomato, radishes, champagne vinegar, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad to individual bowls, top with your protein and potato, and serve.
- Scrub the potato.
- Toss the potato with oil and seasonings.
- Time the cooking.
- Assemble the salad.
- Transfer the salad to bowls.