In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chorizo meatball soup with kale and arugula-pistachio pesto
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
Mildly spicy chorizo meatballs, hearty vegetables, and pasta all come together beautifully in this one-pot meal, topped with fresh arugula-pistachio pesto.
In your bag
- ½ pound fresh loose chorizo (contains pork and spices)
- 1½ ounces roasted red peppers
- ½ cup cooked white beans
- 7 ounces Talluto’s fresh whole wheat spaghetti
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- ½ cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket arugula-pistachio pesto (EVOO - arugula - pistachios - Parmesan - garlic - honey - lemon juice - kosher salt - Aleppo chile flakes)
Calories: 740, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 40g (62% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 1120mg (47% DV), Carbohydrates: 70g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (pistachio), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the chorizo meatballs
- Cut a small corner from the chorizo packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large sauce pot over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the meatballs and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Spoon off all but about 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] fat from the pot. While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; thinly slice the peppers.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Cut the spaghetti crosswise into thirds.
Cook the soup
Add the meatballs, kale, roasted red peppers, beans, and spaghetti. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the spaghetti is tender and the meatballs are cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the beans.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Top the soup with the pesto.