Cilantro Pesto

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Cilantro Pesto

Cilantro Pesto

Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Paleo, Vegetarian, <600 Calories

2 Servings, 110 Calories/Serving

8–10 Minutes

We love cilantro pesto with just about everything, although we tend to serve it with an easy hand when it comes to more delicate proteins like fish or chicken. It makes an excellent marinade for heartier flavors and cuts of meat such as pork, beef, and lamb. Or dip it! Mix with sour cream or softened goat cheese to make a spread for baguette or crudités. And it’s unbeatable with eggs. And while some love the garlicky hit of fresh pesto, if the strong bite isn’t to your liking, wait awhile before serving. The color will lose its vibrancy along with the garlic’s sharp edge.

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sunbasket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • 1 large bunch cilantro (approximately 3 ounces - or 2 cups leaves and stems)
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup toasted almonds
  • 4-5 cloves fresh garlic - peeled
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • ¼-½ teaspoon black pepper - ground or to taste

Nutrition per serving

Calories 110, Total Fat 11g (14% DV), Sat. Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 65mg (3% DV), Total Carb. 2g (1% DV), Fiber 1g (4% DV), Protein 1g


2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use


Prep the ingredients

  • Coarsely chop the cilantro leaves and stems.
  • Coarsely chop the almonds.
  • Coarsely chop the garlic.


Make the pesto

In a food processor using an S blade, pulse the cilantro, almonds, and half the garlic until combined. With the motor running, add the olive oil in a steady stream until the pesto reaches desired consistency. Add the salt and pepper and pulse to combine. Taste to adjust seasoning, adding the rest of the garlic plus additional salt and pepper to suit your palate.


Transfer pesto to a bowl and serve on the side or dollop right on top of your favorite protein, pasta or pizza.