In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Couscous salad with chicken, butternut squash, and broccoli leaves
Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
In this 20-minute meal, our honey-mustard vinaigrette turns “pasta salad” into a lean-and-clean dream, studded with chicken, butternut squash, and broccoli leaves.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic chopped peeled butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup pearl couscous
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- ½ bunch organic broccoli leaves (about 6 ounces)
- Sun Basket honey-mustard vinaigrette base (apple cider vinegar - honey - Dijon mustard)
Calories: 460, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 120mg (5% DV), Carbohydrates: 46g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 4g (8% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the butternut squash
On a sheet pan, toss the butternut squash with the dried thyme and 2 to 3 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer and roast, stirring halfway through, until the squash is tender and starting to brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
While the squash roasts, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Cook the couscous
While the water heats and the couscous cooks, prepare the chicken and broccoli leaves.
Prep and cook the chicken and broccoli leaves
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a cutting board; pat dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Remove any coarse stems from the broccoli leaves; cut the leaves crosswise into ½-inch-wide strips.
Add the broccoli leaves to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble the couscous salad
- Toss the squash with oil and season.
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the couscous.
- Assemble the couscous salad.
- Transfer the salad to individual bowls.