In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Couscous salad with chicken, butternut squash, and broccoli leaves
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
Tender, nutty couscous and honey-mustard vinaigrette create a scrumptious “pasta salad” studded with chicken, roasted butternut squash, and broccoli leaves.
In your bag
- ¼ pound organic broccoli
- ½ pound organic chopped peeled butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup pearl couscous
- ½ bunch organic broccoli leaves or other leafy greens (about 6 ounces)
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- Sunbasket honey-mustard vinaigrette (apple cider vinegar - honey - Dijon mustard)
Calories: 470, Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 140mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 46g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the broccoli and butternut squash
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
On a sheet pan, toss the broccoli florets and butternut squash with the thyme and 2 to 3 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer and roast, stirring halfway through, until the vegetables are tender and starting to brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Cook the couscous
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the couscous and cook until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain the couscous, transfer to a large bowl, and toss with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. While the water is heating and the couscous is cooking, prepare the broccoli leaves and chicken.
Prep and cook the broccoli leaves and chicken
- Remove any coarse stems from the broccoli leaves; cut the leaves crosswise into ½-inch-wide strips.
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a cutting board; pat dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, stirring once or twice, until lightly browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add the broccoli leaves to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble the couscous salad
To the bowl with the couscous, add the butternut squash, broccoli florets, chicken, broccoli leaves, and half the honey-mustard vinaigrette and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more vinaigrette, if desired.
Transfer the couscous salad to individual bowls and serve.
- Toss the broccoli and squash with oil and seasonings.
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the couscous.
- Assemble the couscous salad.
- Transfer the salad to individual bowls.