In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Earl Grey poached pears with dried cranberries
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 330 Calories/Serving
These lovely poached pears from Sunbasket R&D Chef Paul Conte are a light, gluten-free alternative to heavy holiday desserts. They can be made up to a week ahead and refrigerated in their poaching liquid. Serve them cold or gently rewarm them before serving.
In your bag
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 lemon
- 2 organic Bartlett pears
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons shelled roasted pistachios - optional
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 gluten-free gingersnaps (such as Tate’s)
Calories 330, Total Fat 3.5g (4% DV), Sat. Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 190mg (8% DV), Total Carb. 78g (28% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Protein 2g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds; set aside the bean and seeds.
- Using a peeler, remove the peel from the lemon, being careful to remove only the outermost yellow layer and leaving behind the bitter white pith.
- Peel the pears, leaving any stems attached.
Crush the pistachios