Easy pork sausage tacos with blistered tomatoes and corn
Gluten Free, Soy Free
You can cook these tacos in minutes on the stovetop—or if it’s still warm enough to cook outside, on the grill. Even the tomatoes and corn can stand up to a light charring. (Just leave the corn on the cob before grilling—and sear the tomatoes in a skillet set on a rack over the coals.)
- Two 5-ounce mild Italian pork sausages
- 1 poblano pepper
- 6 scallions
- 1 ear corn
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- ¼ pound cherry tomatoes
- 6 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 2 ounces queso fresco
- Pickled jalapeños (optional)
- ¼ cup New Mexican chile sauce (New Mexican chiles - fresh garlic - coriander - dried oregano - canola olive oil blend - salt)
Cook the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel. Pierce them several times with a knife or fork.
Prep the fillings and garnishes
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the poblano; cut the poblano into ¼-inch-thick strips.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 2-inch lengths.
- Shuck the corn; lay the ears flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
Cook the vegetables
Warm the tortillas
See our corn-kernel-stripping video here.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 730, Protein: 25 g, Total Fat: 38 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 18 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.5 g, Saturated Fat: 10 g, Cholesterol: 50 mg, Carbohydrates: 74 g, Fiber: 9 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 1200 mg