Tacos with Italian sausages, blistered tomatoes, and corn
25 – 35 Minutes
Sun Basket’s custom New Mexican chile blend brings a subtle, fruity kick to these satisfying tacos.
- Two ¼-pound fresh mild Italian pork sausages (contain pork and spices)
- 6 scallions
- 1 ear corn
- 1 poblano (optional)
- 3 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 2 ounces queso fresco
- Pickled jalapeños (optional)
- Sun Basket New Mexican chile blend (New Mexican chiles - olive oil - fresh garlic - dried oregano - coriander - salt)
You can turn your remaining tortillas into chips: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Cook the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork.
While the sausages cook, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 2-inch lengths.
- Shuck the corn. Lay the cob flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
- If using, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the poblano; thinly slice the poblano. Wash your hands after handling.
While the vegetables cook, heat the tortillas.
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 6 tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
Prep the garnishes
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 46g (71% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 13g (65% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 1610mg (67% DV), Carbohydrates: 62g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).