Eggplant and tofu wraps with cauliflower “rice” salad
30 – 40 Minutes
These vegetarian, eggplant and tofu wraps are fun to assemble, and have a bright lemony flavor thanks to the sumac in our eggplant spice blend.
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 globe eggplant
- Eggplant spice blend (sumac - sweet smoked paprika - allspice )
- 1 yellow onion
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- 1 lemon
- 1 cucumber
- ¼ cup roasted pistachios
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 10 ounces cauliflower “rice”
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 4 whole wheat lavash flatbreads
- ¼ pound baby kale
Sumac, a spice made from dried, powdered dark purple-red berries, is used as a main ingredient in our eggplant spice blend lending a tart, lemony flavor to the savory vegetable. Sumac berries grow wild on bushes throughout the Middle East and in the Mediterranean, where each family typically includes the ground berry in their own family’s spice blend.
Prep the vegetables; cook the eggplant
- In a small bowl, combine the sun-dried tomatoes with warm tap water and let stand while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Remove the stem from the eggplant and cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half into ¼-inch-thick strips, then crosswise into ¼-inch cubes. In a medium bowl, toss the eggplant with salt, pepper, and the eggplant spice blend.
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Crumble the tofu into ½-inch pieces.
While the eggplant cooks, prepare the ingredients for the cauliflower “rice” salad.
Prep the cauliflower “rice” salad and sun dried tomato topping
- Remove the sun dried tomatoes from the soaking liquid; discard the soaking liquid and coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Juice the lemon.
- Peel the cucumbers, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into quarter inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the pistachios.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the cauliflower “rice”; finish the salad
While the cauliflower “rice” cooks, assemble the eggplant wraps.
Assemble the wraps
- Soak the sun dried tomatoes.
- Crumble the tofu.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the leaves from the parsley.
- Assemble the eggplant wraps.
Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 15mg (5% DV), Sodium: 400mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 61g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans