In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fish po' boy bowl with tomato relish and chipotle mayo
Mediterranean, Spicy, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
Kick off the warm weather with a big taste of the Big Easy. We’ve ramped New Orleans’s iconic po’ boy sandwich into a delectable bowl of crispy breaded fish, caramelized onions, and spicy chipotle mayo.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket lemon vinaigrette base (lemon juice - onion - garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 1 or 2 cornichons
- Sunbasket chipotle mayo (paleo mayo - chipotle chile powder - sweet smoked paprika) (optional)
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- Sunbasket paleo “bread crumb” blend (almond meal - flaxseed meal - granulated garlic - onion powder - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories: 480, Protein: 21g (42% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 21g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 610mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 23g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice the onion; finely chop 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] sliced onion and set aside for the tomato relish.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the thinly sliced onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 9 to 11 minutes.
Add the cabbage and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage starts to wilt, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon vinaigrette base and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate and season to taste with salt and pepper. Wipe out the pan. While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Make the tomato relish; finish the chipotle mayo
- Cut away the core from the tomato; finely chop the tomato.
- Finely chop the cornichons.
In a small bowl, stir together the finely chopped onion, tomato, cornichons, and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
If using the chipotle mayo, in another small bowl, stir together the mayo and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] water; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep the seafood
- For fish: Pat the fish dry with a paper towel (if using snapper, remove the skin); season lightly with salt and pepper.
- For shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the paleo “bread crumb” blend with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
Working with 1 fish fillet or shrimp at a time, dredge in the “bread crumb” blend, turning to coat; shake off any excess.
Cook the seafood
In the same pan used for the vegetables, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the seafood and cook, turning once, until the crust is golden brown and the seafood is cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side for sole or shrimp, 3 to 5 minutes per side for snapper, and 4 to 6 minutes per side for halibut. Remove from the heat.
Transfer the vegetables to individual bowls and top with the seafood. Spoon the tomato relish over the seafood, drizzle with as much chipotle mayo as you like, and serve.
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the tomato relish.
- Season and spread the bread crumbs.
- Time the cooking.
- Spoon the tomato relish over the seafood.