In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
French potato salad with citronette
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 250 Calories/Serving
Instead of mayonnaise or vinaigrette, we’ve dressed this potato salad with a lively lemon citronette. Whole grain mustard adds a bite and helps emulsify the dressing while fresh thyme and tarragon lend decidedly French flavor to the whole affair.
In your bag
- For the potato salad:
- 2 pounds French fingerling potatoes
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 2 or 3 shallots
- 6 scallions
- 1 or 2 cloves fresh garlic
- Small bunch fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Large bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
- For the citronette:
- 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Fresh tarragon
- Fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- Small bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Calories: 250, Protein: 6 g, Fiber: 4 g, Total Fat: 14 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 11 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 75 mg, Sodium: 250 mg, Carbohydrates: 23 g, Added Sugars: 0 g.
Wash produce before use
Cook the potatoes
Cook the eggs
Prep the salad ingredients
- Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Coarsely chop the chives.
- Rinse the capers, pat dry, and then coarsely chop.
- Strip the parsley from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Divide into two equal portions, one for the salad and one for the citronette.
Prep and make the citronette
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the tarragon.
- Strip the dill from from the stems.
Finish the salad
- When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the hard-cooked eggs in half, then cut the halves into quarters. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, shallot mixture, green parts of the scallions, chives, capers, and the remaining parsley and toss with as much of the citronette as you like. Gently fold in the eggs and season to taste with salt and pepper.