Gingered turkey meatballs in lemongrass broth
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
25 – 35 Minutes
Spiced, seared ground turkey meatballs give this Southeast Asian-inspired comfort meal lean protein and richness. Cauliflower “rice” gives the soup heft without overloading it on carbs. Cauliflower also contains glucosinolates, compounds that protect and fortify the liver, while coconut milk is rich in lauric acid, a fatty acid thought to boost immunity.
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- Meatball seasoning (ground ginger - granulated garlic - coriander - almond meal)
- ¾ pound cauliflower “rice”
- 1 serrano chile (optional)
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews
- Fresh mint
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - fresh ginger - fresh garlic - turmeric - olive oil - salt)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 ounces baby kale
Prep the meatballs
- Cut off a small corner of the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Zest the lime and cut into wedges; set aside the wedges for garnish.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
Set the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes, if desired, to firm up the mixture. Using wet hands, shape the turkey mixture into 1½-inch meatballs.
Cook the meatballs
Cook the cauliflower “rice”
While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the lemongrass broth and garnishes.
Make the lemongrass broth; prep the garnishes
- If using, trim off the top and thinly slice the serrano chile. Wash your hands after handling.
- Coarsely chop the cashews.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 760, Protein: 41 g, Total Fat: 54 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 25 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 12 g, Cholesterol: 165 mg, Carbohydrates: 36 g, Fiber: 8 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 460 mg
Contains: tree nuts, eggs