In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy Greek shrimp with tomatoes, feta, and orzo
Mediterranean, Spicy, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Cheese and seafood don’t always play well together, but this iconic Greek dish is an exception—feta loves shrimp and vice versa.
In your bag
- 5 ounces orzo
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- Sun Basket spicy tomato sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - garlic - sweet smoked paprika - cayenne)
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
A member of a family of small pasta shapes collectively referred to as pastina in Italian, orzo literally translates to “barley,” probably because of its barley-like shape.
Calories: 600, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 150mg (50% DV), Sodium: 790mg (33% DV), Carbohydrates: 70g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the orzo
While the water heats and the orzo cooks, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook the tomato sauce and shrimp
Add the shrimp and reserved pasta cooking water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are firm and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp, 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Salt the orzo cooking water.
- Time the orzo.
- Measure the water for the sauce.
- Drizzle the orzo with oil; add the feta.