Greek shrimp with tomatoes, feta, and orzo
25 – 35 Minutes
Cheese and seafood don’t always play well together, but this iconic Greek dish is an exception—feta loves shrimp, and vice versa.
In your bag
- ¼ pound gluten-free orzo
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon Urfa chile flakes (optional)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh mint
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
Orzo is a member of a family of small pasta shapes collectively referred to as pastina in Italian. Orzo literally translates to “barley,” probably because of its barley-like shape.
Cook the orzo
While the water heats and the orzo cooks, prepare the shrimp and tomato sauce.
Prep the tomato sauce ingredients and shrimp
- Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook the tomato sauce and shrimp
Stir in the shrimp and reserved pasta cooking water and cook, turning once, until the shrimp are firm and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side for regular shrimp, 2 to 3 minutes per side for jumbo shrimp.
While the sauce and shrimp cook, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop enough mint to measure 2 tablespoons.
- Strip the oregano leaves from the stems; coarsely chop enough oregano to measure 1 tablespoon.
Calories: 590, Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 230mg (77% DV), Sodium: 410mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 55g (18% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Crustacean shellfish
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.