Grilled chicken and summer vegetables with yuca mash and chimichurri
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
25 – 35 Minutes
In this Latin-American-inspired paleo dinner, mashed yuca serves as a creamy accompaniment for chicken breasts seasoned with our bold spice blend.
- ¾ pound yuca root
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- Chimichurri spice blend (cumin - sweet smoked paprika - granulated garlic)
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- 1 poblano chile
- 4 scallions
- Two 6-ounce boneless skin-on chicken breasts
Cook the yuca mash
- Peel the yuca; cut the yuca in half lengthwise, then into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
While the yuca cooks, prepare the chimichurri and the vegetables.
Make the chimichurri
- Set aside half the chimichurri spice blend for the chicken.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Finely chop the cilantro.
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the ends from the radishes, if desired; cut the radishes in half.
- Cut the poblano in half lengthwise; remove the stem, ribs, and seeds. Wash your hands after handling.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with the remaining chimichurri spice blend, salt, and pepper.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 860, Protein: 41g, Total Fat: 41g, Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 110mg, Carbohydrates: 84g, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 420mg