In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Harissa rubbed pork with freekeh, fresh mint, and pickled onions
Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Freekeh is an ancient variety of durum wheat packed with even more nutritional benefits than quinoa. It tastes great with these harissa-rubbed pork chops and pickled onion.
In your bag
- ½ cup freekeh
- 1 organic red onion
- Sun Basket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket harissa spice rub (granulated garlic - harissa powder - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 organic cucumber
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sun Basket lemon-dill yogurt (Greek yogurt - lemon juice - dried dill)
Calories: 530, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 135mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 47g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 4g (8% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the freekeh
While the freekeh cooks, prepare the pickled onion.
Pickle the onion
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
Prep and cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and the harissa spice rub.
While the pork cooks, finish the freekeh.
Finish the freekeh
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into ¼-inch pieces.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Measure the water for the freekeh.
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the pickled onion.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Stir the freekeh with cucumber and mint.