In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hearty beef soup with sweet potato and cabbage
Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Family-Friendly, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Tender cabbage, juicy ground beef, hearty root vegetables, and shiitakes come together in this comforting, hearty soup.
In your bag
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic white sweet potato
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh curly-leaf parsley
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns
Calories: 510, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 410mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 55g (18% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soften the mushrooms and start the broth
Start the rest of the soup
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato into ½-inch pieces.
If the pot is dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and sweet potato, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Meanwhile, begin Step 3.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot into ¾-inch-thick pieces.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; coarsely chop the cabbage.
- Remove the mushrooms, reserving 3 cups [5 cups] soaking liquid for the soup broth. Discard the stems and cut the mushroom caps in half; cut any large caps into quarters.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
Finish the soup
- Measure the water for the mushrooms.
- Scrub the sweet potato and carrot.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.