Linguine with summer squash, tomatoes, and mozzarella
Vegetarian, Soy Free
This delicious pasta takes its inspiration from a classic caprese salad, combining tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh basil with a savory sauce of yellow squash and leeks.
- 5 ounces linguine
- 1 to 2 leeks
- 2 yellow squash
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ounce pine nuts
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- Fresh basil
- Fresh oregano
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
Cook the linguine
While the pasta water heats, prepare the vegetables.
Cook the vegetables
- Cut the leeks in half lengthwise and into ¼-inch-thick half-moon slices. In a bowl of water, soak the leeks, allowing any dirt to settle at the bottom.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and into ¼-inch-thick half-moon slices.
- Finely chop the garlic.
Add the squash, garlic, and pine nuts. Season with salt, and cook until the leeks and squash begin to soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
Prep the tomatoes, mozzarella, and herbs; toss the pasta
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Cut the mozzarella into ¼-inch cubes.
- Chop the basil and oregano leaves.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 730, Protein: 30 g, Total Fat: 36 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 16.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7.5 g, Saturated Fat: 9 g, Cholesterol: 35 mg, Carbohydrates: 76 g, Fiber: 7 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 620 mg