Linguine with summer squash, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella
15 – 25 Minutes
This colorful vegetarian pasta dish is built around the three ingredients of the classic Italian caprese salad: mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil.
In your bag
- 5 ounces linguine
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 1 or 2 summer squash
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3½ ounces cherry tomatoes
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- Fresh basil
- Fresh oregano
- 2 ounces baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Cook the linguine
While the water heats and the linguine cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup.
- Trim the ends from the squash; cut the squash into quarters lengthwise, then cut the quarters into 1½-inch lengths.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the pasta
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Cut the mozzarella into ½-inch pieces.
- Strip the basil and oregano leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Chef’s Tip: If you prefer an even saucier pasta, in Step 1, reserve ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water before draining the linguini, and add it to taste, 1 tablespoon at a time, in Step 3 with the linguini and tomatoes.
Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: g (0% DV), Total Fat: 39g (60% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 13g (65% DV), Cholesterol: 50mg (17% DV), Sodium: 620mg (26% DV), Carbohydrates: 69g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Wheat