In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Meatballs with tomato-shiitake ragu on wilted cabbage
Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean, Paleo
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
In this paleo version of spaghetti and meatballs, wilted sliced cabbage takes the place of pasta, and the tomato sauce comes studded with flavorful shiitakes.
In your bag
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 1 organic egg
- Sun Basket mushroom-herb blend (porcini powder - granulated garlic - dried thyme)
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage (about ¾ pound)
Calories: 530, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 145mg (48% DV), Sodium: 410mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 36g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soften the mushrooms
Meanwhile, prepare the meatballs.
Make the meatballs
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the meatballs and tomato-shiitake ragu
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Remove the mushrooms, reserving ⅓ cup [⅔ cup] soaking liquid. Discard the stems and thinly slice the mushroom caps.
Meanwhile, prepare the garnish and cook the cabbage.
Prep the garnish; cook the cabbage
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Measure the water for the mushrooms.
- Time the mushrooms.
- Measure the shallots.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Garnish with the parsley.