In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Meatloaf with spring vegetables and lemon–dill aiol
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
What does it take to make the perfect meatloaf? Good-quality meat for super-tender results, grated veggies for airy texture, and a sticky-savory glaze for the big finish.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground beef-pork mix
- 2 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 organic carrot
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket meatloaf spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- Sunbasket meatloaf glaze (water - sherry vinegar - tomato paste - dried plums - coconut nectar - anchovy paste - kosher salt - onion powder - granulated garlic - porcini powder - black pepper - allspice)
- Sunbasket lemon aioli (paleo mayo - lemon juice - garlic)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ pound organic sugar snap or snow peas
Calories 490, Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 440mg (19% DV), Total Carb. 22g (8% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 32g
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Assemble the meatloaf
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Trim the round end from 1 zucchini. Holding the zucchini by the stem end and using the large holes of a box grater, coarsely grate enough zucchini to measure ½ cup [1 cup]. Set aside the remaining zucchini for cooking with the snap peas.
- Scrub or peel the carrot. Using the large holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the carrot.
- Lightly grease a sheet pan with oil.
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, using a fork or whisk, mix together the grated zucchini, carrot, meatloaf spice blend, and flaxseed meal and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the ground meat and mix until just combined. Transfer the meat mixture to the prepared sheet pan and form into a 6-by-2-inch loaf [2 loaves]. Spread the meatloaf glaze evenly on top of the meatloaf.
Bake the meatloaf
Bake, rotating the pan halfway through, until the meatloaf is browned on top and cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes; a metal knife inserted into the center for 30 seconds should come out hot to the touch, or an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should register 160°F. When the meatloaf is almost done, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the lemon-dill aioli
In a small bowl, stir together the lemon aioli, dill, and 2 to 3 teaspoons water; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the zucchini and snap peas
- Cut the remaining zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Trim the ends from the snap or snow peas if needed.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the zucchini and peas, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is crisp-tender and the peas are lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Slice the meatloaf and transfer to individual plates. Arrange the zucchini and snap peas alongside, drizzle with the lemon-dill aioli, and serve.
- Scrub the carrot.
- Grease the sheet pan.
- Time the meatloaf.
- Make the lemon-dill aioli.
- Drizzle the zucchini and snap peas with aioli.