Grilled corn with chili and lime
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Soy Free
10 – 20 Minutes
We used to think that nothing could top corn on the cob slathered with butter and salt, but that was before we tasted elote, Mexican grilled corn served with mayonnaise, chiles, and lime. We add cilantro to ours and sprinkle on chili powder at the table in order to control the heat.
- 4 ears corn
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- ½ cup paleo mayonnaise
- ¼ cup grated cotija cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Prep and grill the corn
- Remove the husks and silks from the corn. (If desired, leave the stem end of the cob attached for easy handling on the grill.
Make the cilantro-mayonnaise
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; reserve half for garnish.
- Juice half the lime for the mayonnaise; cut the other half into wedges for garnish.
Assemble the Mexican corn
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 310, Protein: 5g, Total Fat: 27g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 31g, Cholesterol: 35mg, Carbohydrates: 20g, Fiber: 3g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 380mg