In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Paleo California breakfast casserole
Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 1 Calories/Serving
Cooking an avocado i brings out more of the fruit’s nuttiness and lends a creamy bite to this otherwise straightforward paleo-friendly breakfast casserole. Cook the fennel and leek until it caramelizes adds a touch of sweetness to the dish.
In your bag
- ½ pound bacon
- 1 large leek
- 1 fennel bulb with fronds
- 1 avocado
- 4 marinated artichoke hearts
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes
- Small bunch fresh parsley
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup hemp milk
- ? teaspoon nutmeg
- Kosher salt and black pepper
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the veggies
- Chop the bacon into ¼-inch pieces.
- Thinly slice the leek. Rinse and drain the slices.
- Thinly slice the fennel bulb and coarsely chop the fronds.
- Peel and dice the avocado.
- Slice the artichoke hearts and cherry tomatoes in half.
- Coarsely chop the parsley.
Cook the bacon, leek, and fennel
Add the leek and fennel to the pan and season lightly with the salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the leek and fennel are slightly caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a baking dish and top with the bacon, avocado, and artichoke hearts.
Bake the casserole
Pour the mixture into the baking dish with the bacon, leek, and fennel. Tuck the halved cherry tomatoes into the dish.
Bake until the eggs are set, 35 to 40 minutes.