Pan-seared steaks with romesco and kale-artichoke salad
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
Our house-made romesco transforms this paleo and gluten-free steak dinner. It’s served with a nourishing but easy salad so dinner is ready in just 20 minutes.
- Two 6-ounce top sirloin steaks
- Steak spice blend (sweet smoked paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ pound baby kale
- 3 ounces cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives
- Sun Basket romesco (roasted bell peppers - almonds - fresh garlic - sherry vinegar - sweet smoked paprika - olive oil - salt)
Cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt, pepper, and the steak spice blend.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the kale-artichoke salad.
Make the kale-artichoke salad
Chef’s tip: For perfectly browned steaks, be sure to pat the meat thoroughly dry before cooking, then give the oil plenty of time to heat before adding the meat.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 51g (78% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 32g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 12g (60% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 1130mg (47% DV), Carbohydrates: 13g (4% DV), Total Sugars: 2g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Contains: tree nuts.