In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pineapple fried rice with tofu, water chestnuts, and shichimi togarashi
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegan, Spicy, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Welcome to texture fest! This aromatic fried rice has it all: juicy pineapple, crunchy cashews, tender peas, and crisp water chestnuts. Finish with our gingery stir-fry blend and eat to your heart’s content.
In your bag
- ¾ cup quick-cooking long-grain brown rice
- ¼ pound chopped pineapple
- 1 teaspoon shichimi togarashi
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 3 organic scallions
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- ½ cup water chestnuts
- 3 tablespoons cashews
- ½ cup shelled peas
Calories 650, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 410mg (18% DV), Total Carb. 89g (32% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Soybeans, Sesame (sesame)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
In a small sauce pot, combine the rice and 1⅓ cups [2⅔ cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes. Fluff with a fork, cover, and keep warm. Meanwhile, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Prep the pineapple and vegetables
- Transfer the pineapple to a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Chop any large pineapple chunks into ½-inch pieces. In a medium bowl, toss the pineapple with half the shichimi togarashi; set aside the rest for finishing the dish.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
Prep and start cooking your protein
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes for shrimp, 2 to 4 minutes for steak or pork, and 3 to 5 minutes for tofu, chicken, or plant-based chicken. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. Meanwhile, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the pineapple and vegetables
- Divide the stir-fry blend into two equal portions, one for the fried rice and one for finishing the dish.
- Cut the water chestnuts into matchsticks.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews for garnish.
In the same pan used for your protein, add the pineapple, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the bell pepper and white parts of the scallions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the peas and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Finish cooking your protein and fried rice
To the pan with the vegetable mixture, add the rice, your protein and any accumulated juices, and half the stir-fry blend and cook, stirring constantly, until the protein is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the water chestnuts. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the fried rice to individual bowls and garnish with the cashews and green parts of the scallions. Sprinkle with the remaining stir-fry blend and shichimi togarashi to taste and serve.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Pat the pineapple dry.
- Divide the stir-fry blend in half.
- Crush the cashews.
- Garnish with the cashews and scallions.