Pork and Braised Eggplant Stir Fry
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Calorie
In more than 2,000 years no one has come up with a better tool for stir-frying than a simple carbon steel wok. If you have one, this is a good time to pull it out. Cooking the pork and the eggplant before the broccoli and mushrooms in true Asian stir-fry style keeps the ingredients from overcooking and helps them retain their individual flavors.
- 1 pound Chinese eggplant
- 8 ounces pork sirloin
- 2 teaspoons sa-te’ paste
- 6 ounces broccoli florets
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- bunch basil
- 5 chile de arbol
- Stir fry sauce
- 1 lime
Prep the vegetables; season the pork
- Cut the broccoli into small florets.
- Trim and discard the mushroom stems. Slice the caps.
- Peel and slice the shallot.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Rinse, dry, and chop the basil.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
Cook the eggplant and the pork
Cook the broccoli and mushrooms
While the mushrooms are cooking,