Pork chops with kimchi chimichurri and sweet potato
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
30 – 40 Minutes
Our Korean-Argentinean mash-up, kimchi chimichurri, provides a brilliant sweet-savory (and paleo) addition to these easy pork chops.
- 3 scallions
- 1 lime
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 ounce pureed kimchi
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 or 3 heads baby bok choy
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
If you have the time, you can brine the pork chops before cooking them: In a medium bowl, dissolve 2 tablespoons each sugar and salt in 2 cups warm water. Submerge the chops and let stand at room temperature for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour, or cover and refrigerate for up to 9 hours. Drain and pat dry. Don’t season them with salt in Step 2, but otherwise follow the recipe as written.
Make It Leaner
Stretch this dish into 3 servings to shave 160 calories and 8 grams of fat from each serving. Enjoy leftovers tomorrow!
Make the kimchi chimichurri
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Finely chop the cilantro.
Prep and cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
While the pork cooks and rests, prepare the sweet potato hash.
Prep and cook the sweet potato hash
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Trim the ends and cut the potato lengthwise into ½-inch-wide slices, then crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy on the diagonal into 1-inch strips.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 22g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars (Kimchi contains trace amounts of sugar for fermentation): 0g (0% DV).