Pork chops with mustard-apricot sauce and apple-celery salad
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
Sounds fancy and tastes as good as if it was cooked by a team of chefs, but prepared in just one pan, this paleo meal will be on the table in 20 minutes.
In your bag
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 apple (such as Fuji)
- 1 celery rib
- 2 or 3 radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon celery seeds
- 3 dried apricots
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
If you have the time, you can brine the pork chops before cooking them: In a medium bowl, dissolve 2 tablespoons each sugar and salt in 2 cups warm water. Submerge the chops and let stand at room temperature for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour, or cover and refrigerate for up to 9 hours. Drain and pat dry. Don’t season them with salt in Step 1, but otherwise follow the recipe as written.
Prep and cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the pork cooks and rests, prepare the salad.
Make the apple-celery salad
- Cut the apple into quarters lengthwise and cut away the core. Thinly slice the fruit.
- Trim the ends from the celery; cut the celery on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the ends from the radishes; thinly slice the radishes.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Juice half the lemon; save the other lemon half for another use.
Prep the apricots; make the sauce
- Thinly slice the dried apricots.
Calories: 550, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 430mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 37g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 27g, Added Sugars: (Maple Syrup): 6g (12% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.