In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Provençal stew with carrots, fingerlings, and fresh tarragon
Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Take a trip to the South of France with this fragrant stew featuring hearty vegetables and your choice of protein in a broth seasoned with smoked paprika and fresh tarragon.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 6 ounces organic fingerling or other small waxy potatoes
- 2 organic carrots
- 2 or 3 sprigs organic fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Sunbasket stew spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 cup chicken broth
Calories: 430, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 15g (23% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 420mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 37g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown your protein
Pollock or shrimp: Rinse and drain the pollock or shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a medium [large] sauce pot over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes for pollock or shrimp and 2 to 4 minutes for meat. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pot.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Scrub or peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into ½-inch pieces.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots into ¾-inch-thick pieces.
- Strip the tarragon leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] for garnish.
Cook the vegetables and broth
Finish your protein
Seafood: Let carrots cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, before adding the pollock or shrimp. When the vegetables are tender and your seafood is cooked through, remove from heat.
- Measure the oil for the protein and the vegetables.
- Scrub the potatoes and carrots.
- Strip the tarragon leaves.
- Garnish with the tarragon.