In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa fusilli with pistou, charred fennel, and fresh mozzarella
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
Picture it: a Caprese salad in pasta form along with sweet fennel, briny olives, and a fragrant basil pistou. Quick and easy, it’s on the table in no time.
In your bag
- 5 ounces quinoa fusilli
- 2 organic fennel bulbs (about ¾ pound total)
- 3 or 4 organic shallots
- ¼ pound organic grape or Sungold tomatoes
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- Sunbasket pistou (EVOO - fresh basil - Parmesan - fresh garlic)
Calories 770, Total Fat 41g (53% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 45mg (15% DV), Sodium 560mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 72g (26% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 23g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the fusilli
While the water heats and the fusilli cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the root end from the fennel. Cut the fennel lengthwise into ¼-inch-wide wedges, keeping the core intact.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the pasta
- Cut the olives in half.
- Cut or tear the mozzarella into ½-inch pieces.
- Salt the fusilli cooking water.
- Time the fusilli.
- Tear the mozzarella.
- Season the dish with salt and pepper.