In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa fusilli with pistou, charred fennel, and fresh mozzarella
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
Picture it: a Caprese salad in pasta form along with sweet fennel, briny olives, and a fragrant basil pistou. Quick and easy, it’s on the table in no time.
In your bag
- 5 ounces quinoa fusilli
- 2 organic fennel bulbs (about ¾ pound total)
- 3 or 4 organic shallots
- ¼ pound organic grape or Sungold tomatoes
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- Sunbasket pistou (EVOO - fresh basil - Parmesan - fresh garlic)
Calories 770, Total Fat 41g (53% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 45mg (15% DV), Sodium 560mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 72g (26% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 23g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the fusilli
While the water heats and the fusilli cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the root end from the fennel. Cut the fennel lengthwise into ¼-inch-wide wedges, keeping the core intact.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the pasta
- Cut the olives in half.
- Cut or tear the mozzarella into ½-inch pieces.
- Salt the fusilli cooking water.
- Time the fusilli.
- Tear the mozzarella.
- Season the dish with salt and pepper.