In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa fusilli with pistou, charred fennel, and fresh mozzarella
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Family-Friendly, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
Picture it: a Caprese salad in pasta form along with sweet fennel, briny olives, and a fragrant basil pistou. Quick and easy, it’s on the table in no time.
In your bag
- 5 ounces quinoa fusilli
- 2 organic fennel bulbs (about ¾ pound total)
- 3 or 4 organic shallots
- ¼ pound organic grape or Sungold tomatoes
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- Sunbasket pistou (EVOO - fresh basil - Parmesan - fresh garlic)
Calories: 770, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 41g (63% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 37g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 45mg (15% DV), Sodium: 560mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 72g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the fusilli
While the water heats and the fusilli cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the root end from the fennel. Cut the fennel lengthwise into ¼-inch-wide wedges, keeping the core intact.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the pasta
- Cut the olives in half.
- Cut or tear the mozzarella into ½-inch pieces.
- Salt the fusilli cooking water.
- Time the fusilli.
- Tear the mozzarella.
- Season the dish with salt and pepper.