In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sausages and cauliflower “steaks” with gremolata and spicy tahini
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 840 Calories/Serving
You’ll love this simple supper that cooks up just as easily on the grill. Served with our custom spicy tahini and a quick gremolata, it’s a Mediterranean match made in heaven.
In your bag
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 8 to 10 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon currants
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Sunbasket spicy tahini sauce base (tahini - lemon juice - EVOO - harissa powder)
Calories: 840, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 48g (74% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 25g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 25mg (8% DV), Sodium: 840mg (35% DV), Carbohydrates: 33g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the cauliflower “steaks”
- Cut away any leaves from the cauliflower. Cut 1-inch-thick slices from the center of the cauliflower. Rub each cauliflower “steak” with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Cut any remaining cauliflower into 1-inch florets and set aside for cooking with the sausages.
While the cauliflower “steaks” cook, prepare the sausages and florets.
Cook the sausages and cauliflower florets
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork if desired.
While the sausages and cauliflower florets cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Make the gremolata; finish the tahini
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Coarsely chop the capers.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a small bowl, stir together the spicy tahini sauce base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rub the cauliflower “steaks” with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the gremolata and spoon over the cauliflower.