In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sausages and cauliflower “steaks” with gremolata and spicy tahini
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
You’ll love this simple sheet pan supper that comes together in about 20 minutes. Served with our custom spicy tahini and a quick gremolata, it’s a Mediterranean match made in heaven.
In your bag
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- Sausage options:
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 2 fresh chicken sausages with roasted peppers and garlic (about ¼ pound each)
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 8 to 10 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon currants
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Sunbasket spicy tahini sauce base (tahini - lemon juice - extra virgin olive oil - harissa powder)
Calories 740, Total Fat 67g (86% DV), Sat. Fat 12g (60% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 870mg (38% DV), Total Carb. 17g (6% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 23g
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut), Sesame (sesame)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the cauliflower “steaks” and sausages
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut away any leaves from the cauliflower. Cut 1-inch-thick slices from the center of the cauliflower. Rub each cauliflower “steak” with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Cut any remaining cauliflower into 1-inch florets.
- On one end of a sheet pan [on 1 sheet pan], arrange the cauliflower “steaks” in a single layer.
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
On the other end of the sheet pan [on a 2nd sheet pan], toss the sausages and cauliflower florets with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil, season with salt and pepper, and spread in an even layer.
Roast the cauliflower “steaks” and sausages
Roast, turning the cauliflower “steaks” and sausages and stirring the florets halfway through, until the “steaks” and florets are browned and just tender and the sausages are cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer the sausages to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then cut on the diagonal into 1-inch-thick slices.
While the cauliflower and sausages roast, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the gremolata; finish the tahini
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Coarsely chop the capers.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a small bowl, stir together the spicy tahini sauce base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rub the cauliflower “steaks” with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the gremolata.
- Spoon the gremolata over the cauliflower.