In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus steaks with Brussels sprouts and chipotle-mustard vinaigrette
Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Spicy, Mediterranean, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
Don’t think twice, it’s alright to cook the Brussels sprouts and radishes in the same pan used for the steaks. The veggies sweep up the crispy bits left behind by the meat and soak up all the delicious flavor.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 3 organic scallions
- ½ pound organic Brussels sprouts
- 1 or 2 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- ¼ pound organic shredded green or other cabbage
- Sunbasket chipotle-mustard vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - Dijon mustard - onion - apple cider vinegar - tomato paste - kosher salt - chipotle chile powder)
Calories: 730, Protein: 54g (108% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 50g (77% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 16g (80% DV), Cholesterol: 140mg (47% DV), Sodium: 390mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 19g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks.
For New York strips and rib-eyes:
Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
For filet mignons:
Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. Do not clean the pan. While the steaks are cooking and resting, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts. Cut the sprouts in half lengthwise; cut any large sprouts into quarters.
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into ¼-inch-thick wedges.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
Cook the vegetables
In the same pan used for the steaks, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the white parts of the scallions and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts and radishes, season with salt and pepper, and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Add the cabbage and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage starts to wilt and the Brussels sprouts and radishes are just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the vegetables to individual plates and top with the steaks. Spoon 1 tablespoon chipotle-mustard vinaigrette over the steaks and garnish with the green parts of the scallions. Serve the remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- Time the steaks.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic.
- Garnish with the scallions.