In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared steaks with Brussels sprouts and chipotle mustard vinaigrette
Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 380 Calories/Serving
This 20-minute, one-pan dinner pairs steak with heart-healthy vegetables and a bold and smoky vinaigrette.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic New York strips (about 7 ounces each)
- 3 organic scallions
- ½ pound organic Brussels sprouts
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- ¼ pound organic shredded green or other cabbage
- Sun Basket chipotle mustard vinaigrette (EVOO - Dijon mustard - onion - apple cider vinegar - tomato paste - kosher salt - chipotle chile powder)
Calories: 380, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 520mg (22% DV), Carbohydrates: 18g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
For top sirloins:
Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare.
For the filet mignons:
Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.
For the New York strips:
Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. Do not clean the pan.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts. Cut the sprouts in half lengthwise; cut any large sprouts into quarters.
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into ¼-inch-thick wedges.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
Cook the vegetables
- Time the steaks.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic.
- Garnish with the scallions.