In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shakshuka - Eggs in tomato sauce with sauteéd peppers, feta, and pita
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
This North African breakfast dish has been widely adapted by cooks all over the Middle East. No longer relegated to the morning meal, it’s enjoyed all day long. A one-dish meal that feeds a crowd, it’s ideal for brunch or a casual dinner.
In your bag
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- Spice mix (½ teaspoon ground coriander - ½ teaspoon ground cumin - ½ teaspoon smoked paprika)
- ½ teaspoon marash chile flakes (optional)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 2 whole-wheat pitas
- Flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup crumbled feta (1 ounce)
- 1 yellow onion
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Sauté onion, peppers
- Peel onion and thinly slice.
- Rinse bell peppers, remove the seeds and cut into ¼-inch strips.
- Peel garlic and cut into thin slices.
Make the sauce
- Toast pita bread slices on a baking sheet in the oven until warm and crisp on the edges, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse parsley and coarsely chop.