In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shakshuka with spinach, feta, and toasted pita
Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Featuring tomatoes, roasted peppers, and plenty of spices, this eggs-for-dinner recipe is packed with protein, fiber, and essential vitamins.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Sun Basket shakshuka spice blend (coriander - cumin - sweet smoked paprika)
- ½ teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 4 organic eggs
- 2 Atoria’s Family Bakery whole wheat pita breads
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
Calories: 510, Protein: 22g (44% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 320mg (107% DV), Sodium: 620mg (26% DV), Carbohydrates: 44g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Cook the onion and peppers
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; thinly slice the peppers.
Prep the garlic; finish the shakshuka
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
With the back of a spoon, form 4  wells in the sauce and crack an egg into each well. Cover and cook until the whites have set and the yolks are runny, 3 to 5 minutes. If you prefer firmer yolks, cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and season lightly with salt and pepper. While the eggs are cooking, prepare the pita breads.
Warm the pita breads
- Measure the onion.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic.
- Measure the water for the shakshuka.
- Garnish with the feta.