In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shrimp diablo tacos with bell peppers, jalapeños, and queso fresco
Soy-Free, Pescatarian, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 830 Calories/Serving
Devilishly named for its crimson hue, this tomato- and chile-based sauce isn’t always spicy. We make our diablo with mild New Mexican chiles so it struts on the cool side of the inferno.
In your bag
- In your bag:
- Wild Gulf shrimp
- Cooked pinto beans
- Diablo sauce (water - onions - bell pepper - diced tomatoes - extra virgin olive oil - tomato paste - garlic - dried New Mexican chiles - arrowroot powder - kosher salt - coriander - dried Mexican oregano - black pepper)
- Organic fresh cilantro
- Queso fresco
- Organic lime
- Mi Rancho Artisan tortillas
- Pickled jalapeños (optional)
Calories 830, Total Fat 45g (58% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 170mg (57% DV), Sodium 1000mg (43% DV), Total Carb. 76g (28% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Contains: Milk, Crustacean Shellfish (shrimp), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt " + "per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility " + "that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, " + "Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the shrimp diablo taco filling
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat-dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes. Stir in the pinto beans and diablo sauce and cook until warmed through, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the shrimp diablo is heating, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the garnishes
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Crumble the queso fresco if needed.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
Heat the tortillas
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
On the stovetop directly over a flame, or in a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, warm 6  tortillas, turning once, until just pliable and warmed through, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel, cover, and keep warm.
Set out the tortillas, shrimp diablo, cilantro, queso fresco, lime wedges, and pickled jalapeños, if using. Invite everyone to assemble their own tacos.