Sichuan dan dan noodles with pork and kale
35 – 50 Minutes
Not your everyday noodles, these are quick to prepare and get big flavor from chile oil–infused ground pork.
In your bag
- 6 ounces fresh ramen noodles
- ½ teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 10 ounces ground pork
- 1 bunch organic curly-leaf kale or other leafy greens (about ½ pound)
- Sun Basket dan dan noodle blend (gluten-free tamari - cashew butter - honey - sesame oil - rice vinegar - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 3 tablespoons roasted cashews
- 3 organic scallions
If the ramen noodles begin to clump after cooking, rinse them again under cold water to separate them.
Bearing no relation to black peppercorns or chiles, Sichuan peppercorns are the dried husks of the berries of the prickly ash shrub, a member of the citrus family. They have a distinct citrusy flavor, a beautiful pink-red color, and contain a molecule that produces a mild sensation known in Chinese as málà, meaning “numbing and tingling.”
Calories: 750, Protein: 53g (106% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 85mg (28% DV), Sodium: 1560mg (65% DV), Carbohydrates: 72g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: (honey): 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.