Sichuan dan dan noodles with pork and garlicky green beans
35 – 45 Minutes
Not your everyday noodles, these are quick to prepare and get big flavor from chile oil–infused ground pork and a side of garlicky green beans.
- 6 ounces green beans
- 6 ounces fresh ramen noodles
- ½ teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 10 ounces ground pork
- 10 ounces braising greens
- Sun Basket dan dan noodle blend (tamari - sesame oil - cashew butter - rice vinegar - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - honey)
- 2 or 3 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons roasted cashews
- 3 scallions
If the ramen noodles begin to clump after cooking, rinse them under cold water once more to separate them.
Cook the green beans and ramen
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans.
Return the water to a boil, add the ramen, and cook until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain; do not clean the pot.
While the water heats and the green beans and ramen cook, prepare the chile oil, ground pork, and greens.
Make the chile oil
- On a cutting board, using a rolling pin or the bottom of a small pot or bowl, lightly crush the Sichuan peppercorns. Transfer the peppercorns to a small heatproof bowl, add as many chile flakes as you like, and stir to combine.
Cook the ground pork and greens
- Cut a small corner from the ground pork packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Coarsely chop the braising greens.
While the pork cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Finish the green beans; prep the garnishes
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 2 teaspoons.
- Coarsely chop the cashews.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 53g (106% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 85mg (28% DV), Sodium: 2020mg (84% DV) (does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV), Carbohydrates: 34g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars (Honey): 5g (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: Tree nuts, soy, wheat.