In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sichuan dan dan noodles with ground pork and mustard greens
Dairy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
Not your everyday noodles, this savory Sichuan dish is quick to prepare and gets big flavor from ground pork infused with chile oil.
In your bag
- 6 ounces Moon Noodles fresh ramen
- ½ teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons red chile flakes (optional)
- 10 ounces ground pork
- 1 bunch organic mustard greens or other leafy greens (about ¾ pound)
- Sunbasket dan dan noodle blend (gluten-free tamari - cashew butter - honey - toasted sesame oil - rice vinegar - garlic - ginger)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted cashews
- 3 organic scallions
Calories 750, Total Fat 44g (56% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 730mg (32% DV), Total Carb. 63g (23% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 34g
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame (sesame)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the ramen
Make the chile oil
- On a cutting board, using a rolling pin or the bottom of a small pot or bowl, lightly crush the Sichuan peppercorns. Transfer the peppercorns to a small heatproof bowl, add as many chile flakes as you like, and stir to combine.
In a wok or large frying pan over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] neutral oil until hot but not smoking. Carefully pour the oil over the peppercorn mixture and let cool. Do not clean the pan.
Prep and cook the pork and mustard greens
- Cut a small corner from the ground pork packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Remove any coarse stems from the mustard greens; coarsely chop the greens.
- Measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] chile oil; set aside the rest for serving.
Prep the garnishes
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Time the ramen.
- Measure the water for the pork and mustard greens.
- Crush the cashews.
- Garnish the dish with the cashews and scallions.