In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Singaporean laksa with kale, vermicelli, and braised tofu
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 800 Calories/Serving
Save yourself a trip to Singapore with this satisfying noodle soup, made with vermicelli, braised tofu, and hearty kale in a rich coconut milk broth.
In your bag
- 5 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- ½ pound Hodo organic braised tofu
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (optional)
- ½ cup coconut milk
Calories: 800, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 42g (65% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 12g (60% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 540mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 82g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
Meanwhile, cook the tofu and kale.
Prep and cook the tofu
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
Meanwhile, prepare the garnishes and start the broth.
Prep the garnishes
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut half the cucumber into matchsticks. Save the remaining half for another use. [Cut 1 cucumber into matchsticks; save the remaining cucumber for another use.]
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Make the broth; finish the dish
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the noodles.
- Pat the tofu dry.
- Garnish the noodles with cucumber and cilantro.