Sole over couscous with citrus beurre blanc and frisee-arugula salad Also available with halibut or Faroe Islands salmon

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Sole over couscous with citrus beurre blanc and frisee-arugula salad Also available with halibut or Faroe Islands salmon

Sole over couscous with citrus beurre blanc and frisee-arugula salad Also available with halibut or Faroe Islands salmon

Soy-Free, Pescatarian, Protein Plus

2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving

Make no mistake. Beurre blanc is one of those classic French sauces that’s guaranteed to make your mouth water. Made with butter, citrus, and champagne vinegar, this rich and creamy blend pairs wonderfully with fish. 

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sunbasket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • ½ cup pearl couscous
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 head organic frisée or other chicory lettuce
  • 3 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
  • 2 tablespoons currants
  • Sunbasket honey-lime vinaigrette (lime juice - onion - honey - Aleppo chile flakes)
  • 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
  • Fish options:
  • 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
  • 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
  • 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 5 ounces each)
  • Sunbasket citrus blend (orange juice - lemon juice - champagne vinegar)

Nutrition per serving

Calories 630, Total Fat 40g (51% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 430mg (19% DV), Total Carb. 48g (17% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 4g Added Sugars, 8% DV), Protein 27g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (almond), Wheat

Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt " + "per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility " + "that handles all major food allergens* and gluten.

*Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, " + "Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.


2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use


Cook the couscous

Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the couscous and cook until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain the couscous, then return to the pot and toss with 2 to 3 teaspoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm. 

While the water is heating and the couscous is cooking, start preparing the rest of the meal.


Prep the ingredients

  • Cut the butter into ½-inch pieces; refrigerate until ready to make the beurre blanc.
  • Trim the root end from the frisée, coarsely chop the frisée. 
  • Coarsely chop the almonds.

In a medium bowl, stir together the currants and honey-lime vinaigrette.


Cook the fish

  • Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper. 

In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 1 to 2 minutes for sole, 3 to 5 minutes for salmon, and 4 to 5 minutes for halibut. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 1 to 2 minutes for sole or salmon and 2 to 4 minutes for halibut.

Transfer the fish to a plate and cover to keep warm. Do not clean the pan.


Make the citrus beurre blanc

In the same pan used for the fish, stir in the citrus blend and cook over medium heat until thickened slightly, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat, add the butter a few pieces at a time, and swirl until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. 


Make the frisée-arugula salad

To the bowl with the currants and vinaigrette, add the frisée, arugula, almonds, and 2 to 3 teaspoons oil and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. 



Transfer the couscous and frisée-arugula salad to individual plates. Top the couscous with the fish, spoon over the citrus beurre blanc, and serve.

Kids Can!
  • Stir the currants and vinaigrette.
  • Time the cooking.
  • Assemble the salad. 
  • Transfer the salad to plates.