Spicy Feta Dip
20 – 25 Minutes
We like to think of this as Greek-style pimiento cheese, with feta standing in for cheddar (tirokafteri literally means “spicy cheese"). In Greece the heat can take many forms. It’s often made with dried red Greek chile flakes. To spice ours up, we roast a poblano and add a pinch of cayenne pepper. If you prefer a milder (and faster) version, swap out the poblano for a jarred sweet roasted red bell pepper. Serve it Greek-style, as a meze or appetizer, with ouzo or beer.
In your bag
- 5 ounces feta cheese - preferably Greek
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small poblano chile (approximately 2 ounces)
- Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper - optional
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 to 2 pieces lavash flat bread
Calories: 70, Protein: 4 g, Fiber: 0 g, Total Fat: 6 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: .5 g, Saturated Fat: 2.5 g, Cholesterol: 5 mg, Sodium: 280 mg, Carbohydrates: 1 g, Added Sugar: 0 g.